Sunday, July 26, 2026

1st Entry: A New Adventure

Date: Lady's Day 3/1

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow I'm out of the dorms for a year! Not that I'll be going far, I'm staying with Aunt Agnes as I shadow her for my Journey Year and she's Chaplin to The Rosebud Finishing School which is here in Aurora's Harbor. It is the last step to becoming a Chaplin and, while I have very much enjoyed my school years, I am looking forward to it.

I will miss Lady Catherine, of course, but we can still write and visit whenever possible. And after this year she's going to petition that I become her court Chaplin, being as she's recently been officially declared the heir to the Principality she now needs a court! I've been assured by both my Mommy and Her Highness our Princess that I am sure to get the position. Their assurances are not enough to keep me from being nervous, however!

But that will not happen until after my training is complete and so back to old Rosebud I'll go. Haven't been back there since I graduated and left for The Path of Light Institute! Wonder how much has changed? Probably not much, all things considered. Still, I'll be walking around in Chaplin's white rather than the gray and rose of the students which might make things feel different, if nothing else.

Ah well, I better get back to packing, Diary. I'll be sure to tell you all about the move tomorrow.

Yours truly,

Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.